Homecoming yesterday was awesome. Even though I just saw Shawn 9 weeks ago on R&R, I was so emotional when their plane landed (they had a live feed piped in so we could see them flying in, landing, and disembarking) and then bawled when he walked in the door to line up in formation. We endured the longest welcome home speech I've ever sat through (though it probably only lasted about 10 minutes total) and then I held Shawn's sign up so he could come to me since I can't move very fast these days. When I finally had my arms around him, I fell apart. It was soooo wonderful to feel the relief and comfort of his embrace again. We came home for a few hours until his fever (he's been fighting the flu for the past week) kicked back in and I sent him to his sister's so I don't catch what he's got, especially with the pregnancy. I'll see him again in a couple of days, which is difficult, but it's just nice to know he's home for a little while. Next mission is scheduled for November and is expected to last a year, after which he'll be retiring. I think it's time, after 24 years, don't you? Enjoy the pictures.
Oh, by the way, my professional photographer never showed, never called, and didn't answer her phone when I called to find out where she was. Luckily, my friend Ashley was there (her husband came home already) and was the great photographer who took all these wonderful pictures. As far as that photographer goes, not very professional, if you ask me. Oh well, it worked out in the end, but I won't be hiring her for anything else.













oh how cute!
ReplyDeleteis it a little baby belly what I can see on you???
and [$%~#!] on that awful photographer!!!