Homecoming is still a relatively long way off, but now that we're past the half-way point, amidst all the things I'm doing to keep myself busy I'm also planning for homecoming.
As I posted earlier, I already got the banner via UPS and it's sitting in the corner next to the t.v. (except I pull it out and stare at Shawn's picture every now and then when I'm really missing him). I'm also trying to get the house ready - painted, shelves up, cleaned...bigger job than I thought.
I also just heard about an organization that does free photography sessions, including accompanying you to the homecoming ceremony to take pictures of the reunions. It's called Operation Love Reunited and I'm considering giving one of the photographers a call to see if I can put someone on hold. I figure the entire 81st is coming back, so I better place my dibs on someone soon before I run out of options. I would really like to have a picture of the reunion since I only have pictures of the departures and not the homecomings. Plus, it will be nice to have someone there with me to share in the excitement and joy and jitters and tears.
I get chills just thinking about it.
12 years ago


If I'd be around, I'd take A LOT pictures for you to keep that special moment! :-)
ReplyDelete