A few updates on the deployment: we're almost done! The time seems to have flown by. I guess when you're busy it really REALLY helps. We had our first injuries a little over a week ago. A friend of ours, Harley, was smacked, but came out of it unscathed. Good for him, that stud.

Another good friend, Fletcher, got hit hard and took some shrapnel in both his legs. He's going to be okay, but he was sent home due to the severity of his injuries. I just hope he is able to continue riding his Harley (the motorcycle, not to be confused with Harley, the person) after all is said and done.


By the way, ladies, the last I heard he was single! I tried hooking one of my friends up with him, but she was too uncomfortable with the age difference. I tell you what, though, if it wasn't for Shawn I'd totally be chasing Fletch down! Legs or no!
I'm going to our National Guard Family Programs workshop in two weeks. I'll be staying for two nights at the Hyatt and attending breakout sessions during the days. It's a big thing put on by Operation Yellow Ribbon as part of the redeployment and reunion process for the families. A whole bunch of us are going, and I always relish a chance to stay in a nice hotel (for free, I might add).
This coming Saturday is military appreciation night at the Mariner's so I'm going with Petey-poo. As of now, he's still leaving in the June/July timeframe.
Shawn's good - he's got the Iraqi-itis bug as I call it. If you're super curious, I'll tell ya, but it's not something to learn about if you're queasy.
Anyway, Shawn may be getting leave afterall. They had originally wanted to send him to Ft. McCoy to train up the replacement team for three weeks, but changed their minds (as the Army always will do). They are still offering him two weeks leave before coming home, though. If he turns it down, that will mean 78 days of paid leave after he demobs. Sweet vacation time!! I just have to remember that unlike Shawn,
I don't have that much leave time! :) We'll see, though. We've been talking about a trip to Mexico and a lot of camping time. Just us, a tent, and our boots he he.
That's all for now! Stay sparkly!


No comments:
Post a Comment