I got word back from Fletch yesterday. He is doing fine. Without putting too much info out there, he's out of Madigan and staying at Ft. Lewis for now until he can get completely healed up.
He didn't sound all that thrilled to be back here. And if you know Fletcher, you know why. He's a big, burly go-get-'em type. He's the one person of all Shawn's soldiers who made the deployments easier because I knew he's a no-questions-asked kind of soldier. He's covered Shawn in ways other soldiers would hesitate. I know that when Shawn's got Fletcher by his side, nothing is going to destroy them short of a nuclear bomb targeted right at their heads, and even then there's still a chance Fletcher will squirrel them out of there. This isn't to say that Shawn's not a good fighter, but when he's with Fletch I know that he is equally matched and won't expend extra time and energy covering someone who needs help.
Keep Fletcher in your prayers so he can heal up quick and head to Afghanistan with Shawn, as planned.
12 years ago


I was praying for him actually, after I read your first post about what happened...! So if it would help to cheer him up, tell him hello from a german girl ;-)
ReplyDelete