Any-who, I was directed by SFC Last's wife, Sarah, to check out a blog that Corey is keeping for a local 3rd grade classroom. Corey has been posting pictures of a small character named Baldwin who is currently on deployment with their unit in Iraq. Shawn had the honor of taking his picture with Corey's furry friend. Doesn't he look thrilled?

I have to explain that Shawn's lack of enthusiasm is absolutely not related to the bird perched on his knee. Shawn has regularly expressed his disappointment in the lack of action he's seeing on this deployment. Notice how clean his uniform is? If he's not rolling around in the mud, his life just doesn't feel full. Personally, I'm okay with this scenario.


Hi, I come across your blog by accident and just started reading. You made me smile ! I have a son-in-law who will be deploying again soon for his 4th time, so I can some what relate to what you are going thru. My daughter and grandson do for sure. I have always said it isn't just the soldier who is the heros, it is also the brave spouse and children who are left behind-!!
ReplyDeleteThank You and your husband
Donna--from Minn
blog--http:/donna-donnascreations.blogspot.com
Thanks Donna. I tried commenting back on your blog, but blogspot said it could not find your domain. Tell your daughter I say hello and best wishes to all of your family on the upcoming deployment. It's a tough life, but it's a good one.
ReplyDelete