At first I got lost just trying to get out of Washington, but once I found my way past Aberdeen, it was pretty much smooth sailing. I got to see the famous town of Astoria (where my favorite movie was filmed and set...recognize the rocks?), Tilamook where they make the world's best cheese (sorry, Wisconsin), and lots and lots of Oregon coastline.
I made it as far as Waldport, Oregon and now I'm stuck at a little rinky-dink motel until daylight (I discovered very quickly that I have developed night-blindness...talk about scary), but at least it has wi-fi.
It also has HBO, and tonight I watched an HBO special presentation, "Taking Chance". I'd never heard of this movie before, but just happened to catch it beginning to end. I'm going to let you research and read the synopsis yourselves, but let me just say that I think it is one of the best-filmed, most accurate and respectful movies ever made. It's only 74 minutes long, but it manages to tell the whole story and you don't feel as if there's anything missing or anything extra...perfectly told story.
Anyway, if I have any hope of making it to Eureka tomorrow, I better get to sleep so I can get up early and hit the road. Here's to happy and safe driving!


Sorry but the best cheese ever is Cashe Valley cheese from Utah. Sooo yummy.
ReplyDeleteGlad youre having fun! Pictures are so pretty. Be safe and I'm gad youre in a motel not sleeping in your car!