Thursday, February 19, 2009

On the down-slope

Without giving any specific dates, let me just say that we recently passed the half-way mark of this deployment. Finally. I have to say, the first half wasn't as horrible as I had predicted. Of course, this isn't my longest deployment with Shawn, but I thought I'd be a little deployment weary by this point. Not really. In fact, I'm encouraging him to get back to Afghanistan as quickly as possible after he returns from Iraq (the point of that is so he can finish accumulating his active time and go ahead and retire active duty rather than retiring National Guard). I imagine, however, that my tone might change once he's home.

Anyway, it's nice to be counting down the days now rather than counting up. Of course, with the anticipation of his return comes anxiety over the reunion and worry about how our day-to-day life will be. I try not to borrow trouble, but the reintegration period is always difficult, and I just want to enjoy his brief time home.

1 comment:

  1. Things will be fine! I think you both know you wasted enough time before to let anything stop you guys from reunited and doing what it takes to settle your lives together!

    ReplyDelete